- Attended Texas A & M University majoring in mechanical engineering.
- Transferred to Oregon State University, graduating with B.S. in 1967.
- 20 years combined mechanical contractor experience working as a project engineer, design/build salesman, and estimator in Texas and Washington.
- Aircraft HVAC design for the Boeing Co.
- Application & Sales engineer for a Texas Carrier distributor.
- P.E. license in Washington 1972.
Licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer in states of WASHINGTON, OREGON, IDAHO, ALASKA, & TEXAS.